Friday, June 1, 2012

88? Are you serious?

I had an interesting call this week. It was from a friend of mine who is in her eighties. She goes to a church that I use to work at. She called me with a request. She asked me if I would be willing to baptize her friend. She was very enthusiastic about the events that had transpired and was eager to share them with me.
My friend has been a widow for many years. Her deceased husband use to work at a company with two guys that he was very close to. My friend told me that the Lord had been putting those two gentlemen on her heart and she had to find out where they were spiritually.
She tracked one down in Texas and found out that him and his wife had become Christians and were living a life of faith.
She tracked the other one down to a small town south of Wichita. Over several conversations she asked him if he had ever received the gift of salvation that Jesus offered. He said "No," and she went to work. She told him about the cross and that being the only way to be saved. He is eager to turn his life over to Christ, and will be getting baptized on Saturday.
Craziest thing about the story . . . he is 88 years old!
How cool is that! A widow in her eighties still sharing her faith like God asked her to!
May we all take lessons from my friend and share with those outside of Christ, before it's too late!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment