Thursday, February 4, 2010

God is Faithful!

When I realized God wanted our family to adopt, I automatically thought about how much money it would cost. I thought about how we would do with a special needs child. I thought about changing diapers again...bummer.
We started this journey at the end of June in 2009. Jennifer, Caleb, Joshua, Elijah and I all gave up different things to take time to pray for God's provisions in this adoption. As I write this, God has provided above and beyond what was needed for our adoption. We even get to take our boys with us! It has been an amazing journey for us and our boys to see God's faithfulness when we follow through with what He has asked us to do. I wish that I could say that I am faithful every single day to do every single thing that God calls mes to, but I can't. There are times when I let my self get in the way of doing what I know He wants. Guess what? Even in times when I have chosen my way over His, He still takes me back and continues to forgive me and love on me. It is not fair that He is so faithful and we are so not! I thank God that He does not love me based on fairness, but He loves me totally unconditionally because He made me for Himself and wants to have a relationship with me.

"For the Lord is good and his love endures forever, his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5

Trying to be faithful back!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment