Monday, February 8, 2010

Coolest Day Ever as a Dad!

Yesterday, I had the awesome privilege of baptizing my son, Caleb! He came to the conclusion that he did not want to live without Jesus in his life. He came into our bedroom late one night as we were getting ready for bed and said, "I just want to be with Jesus". He is 11 years old and we have talked about this for years, but we never wanted to push the issue, because we wanted it to be when he was ready! Praise God that he made the best decision that he will ever make in life.

It's funny how perspective on godly things can help take our thoughts off of ourselves. I had a pretty cruddy Friday and some of Saturday, but then I was reminded about Caleb's decision, and remembered how much greater joy that brought me than the disappointment I was facing. As a dad my number 1 goal is to lead my boys to Christ and do everything I can to help them have a personal in-depth relationship with their God and Savior!

I know I have a long way to go in discipling them (and myself), but I am thankful that Caleb and Joshua have taken their leaps of faith into the Kingdom of God. We will pray that when our youngest, Elijah, understands his sinful nature and how God has shown his love to him in spite of his sin, he will accept Christ as well!

Cool Day Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment