Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dates w/ Dad




One of the things that Jennifer and I try to do is to have dates with each of our kids individually. Sometimes we do a good job at this, other times we don't! This past week we both took kids on dates and it was wonderful. Jennifer and Caleb went to the Underground Salt Mine in Hutchison. Eli and I went fishing and swimming. Joshua and I went to Sonic and the Museum of World Treasures. We all had great times spending some one on one time with each other. There was great conversation, great laughs, and I had a crazy memory moment with Eli that we said we would keep just between us. (But of course I told his mom!) Joshua amazed me at the museum as he asked for his allowance in the gift shop, and spent all of his money. The amazing thing was that he bought two things...one for Caleb and one for Eli. It was one of those warm and fuzzy feelings for dad.






The dates made me think of mine/our relationship with God. Have we taken time to have a date with our Heavenly Daddy? Have we made special memories in the time we have spent with Him? Have we spent our time and efforts in doing for others rather than ourselves?



I know time is precious, but I also know that there is no more precious way to spend our time than with our Daddy in heaven!






Mark 1:35-37 (NIV)



Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. [36] Simon and his companions went to look for him, [37] and when they found him, they exclaimed: "Everyone is looking for you!"



Jesus knew it was important for time alone with His Daddy...what about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment